Despite the activities of the administration we are moving forward with positive actions to aid our immigrant sisters and brothers and continue to build our communities through inclusion. Our ten point plan is aimed at protecting the vulnerable, keeping families together and building a strong and inclusive community.
- Increase outreach to enable all eligible immigrants to attain legal status
- Educate vulnerable populations about their rights and resources
- Help vulnerable people develop readiness plans
- Increase resources to defend immigrants, especially minors, in immigration court
- Maintain or increase accredited representative resources to continue our high rate of affirmative applications
- Encourage city and county law enforcement to limit their cooperation with ICE
- Develop and propose Welcoming Community ordinances to Kitsap city and county governments
- Help immigrant business owners register their businesses, file/pay taxes, and improve their business skills
- Participate in encouraging immigrant friendly state legislation
- Work with other agencies to develop an alert network
We are asking all Kitsap County city and county governments to pass a Model Welcoming City or County Resolution that proclaims our values as a community and sharing the reasons for why that’s important.
We are also working with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that their policies include immigrants as partners in keeping our community safe.
We are reaching out to vulnerable communities to help them understand their rights under out Constitution and to prepare for the dangers that the recent executive actions place them in.