Due to COVID-19, drop-in hours are suspended. Please call us at 360-440-2376 or 360-616-0479 to make an in-person appointment.
The Family Services Center is located in the KIAC office at Lighthouse Plaza, 3627 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, lower level, rear of building. We seek to be a trusted resource hub and to support the initial adjustment and ongoing flourishing of immigrants in our community. Under normal circumstances (not during COVID-19) we are open for clients to drop in Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00-6:00pm.
We are not currently offering drop-in hours, but we continue to serve immigrants with certain socially-distanced services, including:
- Providing COVID-19 information and resources, including rent assistance, and information about food and bills assistance
- Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination, testing and mask distribution events
- Providing accurate information about COVID-19 and how to take care of yourself and your household
Other Family Services
- Paperwork and phone calls: Help with reading and writing documents in English or Spanish, filling out forms on paper or online, and making phone calls
- Bills: Help with applying for financial assistance for medical bills or setting up payment plans.
- Learning English: Information about local English classes, and 1-on-1 conversation practice (virtual)
- Doctors: Free Medical Clinic – temporarily suspended. Doctors are available by phone to KIAC clinic patients. Text or call 360-440-2376.
- Dentist: Temporarily suspended. Call Peninsula Community Health Services for sliding-scale-cost dental care: 360-377-3776.
- Clothing: Free clothing is available by appointment on Tuesdays. Call/text 360-440-2376.
- Preparation for the citizenship test and interview: Call 360-616-0479.
- General information and referrals for other needs, including information about school enrollment, health insurance, help for victims of domestic violence, housing, employment, mental health services, civil legal aid, and other resources. While we cannot provide case management, we will do our best to act as your interpreter and help you seek resources to navigate difficult situations.