Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center
We are a small Bremerton-based non-profit that serves immigrants locally through legal assistance and family services. We believe our community is made stronger when all are included and supported and we focus specifically on those who have come from other countries to build better lives for themselves here. We honor the richness they bring to our community by supporting them in navigating life in a new place.
We are located in Lighthouse Plaza at 3627 Wheaton Way in Bremerton.
Call 360-440-2376 or 360-616-0479 for more information or visit us online at kitsapiac.org.
Job Description: Family Services Assistant
This is a 10 hour/week position involving primarily direct service to local immigrant families. The FS Assistant will work in the KIAC office with the Family Services Director and volunteers to assist clients with various life situations through needs assessment, referrals to community services, and direct assistance with forms and phone calls.
- Assess client needs
- Make appropriate referrals to other community service agencies
- Interpret and explain documents
- Assist with phone calls and internet use
- Report client services in database
- Maintain strict confidentiality standards
- Help plan occasional events
- Help train and oversee new Family Services volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to pass background check
- Bi-lingual: Fluent Spanish/English speaker
- Respect for other cultures and opinions
- Ability to work well in a busy setting and prioritize various tasks demanding attention
- Commitment to client confidentiality
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desire and aptitude to learn and use case management program
- Detail-oriented with consistent follow through
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative spirit; ability to work well with staff and volunteers
- Available Mondays and Tuesdays 1-6pm (slightly flexible)
Please send a resume and a letter describing your interest and qualifications to Annika Turner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period will close on March 25, 2019 but the right candidate may be hired sooner.
KIAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will hire without regard to sex, race, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, or any other status protected by applicable law.