Here at KIAC, most of the assistance we provide to local families is only possible because of donated time and donated items. See our Volunteer tab for info about getting involved yourself, or keep reading if you or a group you are part of can support our immigrant community with any of the following needs.
- Donate to our Emergency Assistance Fund. All funds will go directly toward rent and food assistance. Donate here on our website and note “Emergency Assistance Fund” with your donation, or send a check with Emergency Assistance Fund in the memo line to:
PO Box 1276
Bremerton, WA 98337
- Donate to food banks in Bremerton or Belfair or bring food to KIAC. Accepted items include: Maseca, oil, salt, sugar, frozen chicken, fruit that will stay good for a week, tomatoes, Nido powdered milk, vermicelli noodles, dried black/pinto beans, rice, reusable grocery bags. KIAC only accepts donations on Thursdays 1-5:30pm at this time.
- Email email@example.com if you or your community want to help support immigrants with rides to the food bank OR if you speak Spanish and want to get involved more directly assisting folks over the phone
- Donate new packages of diapers or wipes to Eastside Baby Corner – we are a partner and can order through them
- Donate cleaning and/or paper products to KIAC and we will distribute them. Drop off Thursdays 1-5:30pm.
- We are working remotely and unable to accept most donations for now. Please hold on to any items below that you would like to donate and check back for when we open again!
- WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING CLOTHING DONATIONS. We have appreciated the immense generosity of our community in supporting our clothing event, but we are shifting to partnering with New Beginnings Closet to best utilize our space and not duplicate other available resources. We may accept clothing again in the future, but at this time, while we re-think our space, please consider donating clean, good-quality used clothing to New Beginnings Closet or elsewhere instead.
- Folders with pockets
- Reusable grocery bags
- Coloring books, crayons
- Bunk beds (please email firstname.lastname@example.org a picture, do not deliver to office)
- Shampoo, soap, conditioner, deodorant, feminine hygiene pads (no travel size please)
- Dish soap, Laundry soap
- Carseats – donate to Eastside Baby Corner
- Cell phones, wiped
- Children and teen books in Spanish, Tagalog, Mam or Q’anjob’al