The Family Services Center is located in the KIAC office at Lighthouse Plaza, 3627 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, lower level, rear of building. We seek to be a trusted resource hub and to support the initial adjustment and ongoing flourishing of immigrants in our community. We are open for clients to drop in Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00-6:00pm.
We are here to serve immigrants with services including:
- Paperwork and phone calls: Help with reading and writing documents in English or Spanish, filling out forms on paper or online, and making phone calls
- Bills: Help with applying for financial assistance for medical bills or setting up payment plans.
- Learning English: Information about local English classes, and 1-on-1 conversation practice
- Doctors: Free Medical Clinic, 4th Tuesday each month, 1:00-4:00pm
July 23, August 27 – No appointment necessary
- Dentist: We have a mobile dental clinic visit our center every few months to perform extractions, fillings and cleanings.
- Clothing: We have clothing for children and adults, hygiene items, diapers and other necessities available the 3rd Wednesday morning of each month for those in need.
Clothing Giveaways: July 17, August 21 – 9am-12pm
- Preparation for the citizenship test and interview: Tutoring in English and civics
- Drivers’ Info: How to get your license and insurance, help studying for the written test
General information and referrals for other needs, including information about school enrollment, health insurance, help for victims of domestic violence, housing, employment, mental health services, civil legal aid, and other resources. While we cannot provide case management, we will do our best to act as your interpreter and help you seek resources to navigate difficult situations.