JOB OPENING: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (fulltime)
Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center assists immigrants in Kitsap County and the surrounding region with legal and family services, education, outreach, and advocacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This fulltime position will have the following duties, with each task set comprising approximately one-third of the position.
Volunteer Coordinator (33%)
- Serve as first point of contact for people interested in volunteering for KIAC
- Manage info line and respond to emails, phone calls; send applications and other follow-up
- Screen and process potential volunteers for suitability and possible roles
- Quarterly Orientations—schedule and facilitate set-up
- Maintain and update Volunteer handbook
- Maintain records and documents such as confidentiality forms, emergency forms, etc.
- Conduct background checks on potential volunteers
- Assist with training as needed
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events
Front Desk Support (33%)
- Provide continuity and insure follow-up for daily hand-off
- Provide training and assistance to front desk volunteers
- Provide back-up to front desk volunteers in answering phone and welcoming clients, especially during peak hours
- Cover front desk when no volunteer is present (welcome clients, clear messages from voice mail, open mail and advise staff of mail received, answer phones; confirm next day appointments; make notes for hand-off to next day volunteer.)
- Receive payments from clients
- Conduct background checks
- Maintain volunteer records
Support for Executive Director (33%)
- Maintain organizational calendar
- Maintain key materials and files—familiarity with DropBox a plus
- Help with preparation of communications materials, such as newsletter, annual report, social media, and other outreach
- Help with fundraising efforts
- Provide Board support.
- Provide general assistance as needed
- Demonstrated administrative and operational experience
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills; willingness to learn data management systems
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-through
- Ability to work well in a busy setting and to prioritize tasks
- Commitment to client confidentiality
- Ability to pass background check
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Strong commitment to KIAC’s mission
Salary and Benefits:
$25,000-$30,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits: generous holiday and personal leave; monthly health stipend
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
Deadline for application: March 8 , 2019.
KIAC is an Equal Opportunity employer and will hire without regard to sex, race, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy or other status protected by law.